Fallon Hotel
11175 Washington St,,  209 532-1470.

HOURS: erify phone number
(Closed for renovation, expected to reopen April 1, 2014) This hotel was once a boarding house, built in 1859 by Owen Fallon. It was later turned into a fancy hotel and operated until the 1940s under various names, including the "Columbia Hotel and Opera House", "Kress Hotel", "Smith Hotel", and "Columbia Inn". In 1947 the state purchased it. It was restored and reopened as the Fallon Hotel in 1986.